We had 40+ people at the first HaYesod meeting. Bless the L-rd! We hope to see all of you again this week (Feb 8th).
Just to recap a few things that we learned:
- The primary source for learning about Israel is the Bible, and the foundation of the Bible is the Torah: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy
- Torah is the foundation because it it G-d’s first revelation to humanity.
- Torah means “teaching and instruction”. It is G-d’s loving instruction for His people.
- The Torah serves a role for both believers and non-believers. It is relevant for believers today.
- The discovery of what it means to be related to the people of Israel is laid out in the Torah.
- All of our studies in HaYesod will be built upon the foundation of Torah that we will examine in the first lesson .
- Main points for this lesson:
- The revelation, inspiration, infallibility, inerrancy, and authority of the Bible.
- The definition(s) of the word Torah.
Our memory verse(s) for the Lesson 1: 2 Timothy 3.16-17
Audio – Week 1 (does not include FFOZ material)
For more information on make-up lessons, go to www.hayesod.org/makeuplesson.
For more information about online study, go to hayesod.ffoz.org/students/online-student-program.html.
If you want to order a workbook and aren’t already on our list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.