This week, we started the second lesson in the HaYesod class, “Our Birthright – His Salvation.”
A quick recap of the main points of this week’s class:
- The origin and purpose of the Passover Seder
- Grace and law are not opposites–grace and legalism are opposites
- There’s no “but” in John 1.17
- Legalism – the incorrect belief that people can earn salvation by being good enough
- The sinful state of humanity and our need for grace.
- Legalism doesn’t work because no one is, or can be, good enough (Romans 3.23, 6.23)
- The Exodus from Egypt was the beginning of Israel’s walk with G-d and our salvation parallels that journey
- Slaves to Pharaoh = Slaves to Sin (Before Redemption)
- Slaves to G-d = Slaves to Righteousness (After Redemption)
Our memory verse(s) for the Lesson 2:
[Messiah Yeshua] gave Himself for us so that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and so that He might purify for Himself a chosen people, zealous for good deeds. (Titus 2.14)
Audio – Week 3 (does not include FFOZ material)
For more information on make-up lessons, go to www.hayesod.org/makeuplesson.
For more information about online study, go to hayesod.ffoz.org/students/online-student-program.html.
If you want to order a workbook and aren’t already on our list, email email@example.com.