This week, we finished the second lesson in the HaYesod class, “Our Birthright – His Salvation.”
A quick recap of the main points of this week’s class:
- The function of Progressive Revelation
- The means of salvation in the Old Testament
- Our new identity in Messiah
Questions from discussion groups for your review:
- What is Progressive Revelation? How does the idea of Progressive Revelation affect your view of the importance of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament)? If all we had were the Hebrew Scriptures and Gospels, would that be enough? (cf. 2 Tim. 3.16-17, James 1.22-25)
- What is wrong with seeing salvation as one-time decision with no follow-through (e.g., like getting your “ticket to heaven” punched)? (cf. 2 Cor. 5.17, 1 Peter 1.15-16)
- Read Ephesians 4.22-24 together. What does that look like in your life? Is this something that you do once? Continually? How do you know what the “new self” looks like? (cf. Eph. 2.10, Gal. 2.20, James 1.22-25)
Our memory verse(s) for the Lesson 2:
[Messiah Yeshua] gave Himself for us so that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and so that He might purify for Himself a chosen people, zealous for good deeds. (Titus 2.14)
Audio – Week 4 (does not include FFOZ material)
For more information on make-up lessons, go to www.hayesod.org/makeuplesson.
For more information about online study, go to hayesod.ffoz.org/students/online-student-program.html.
If you want to order a workbook and aren’t already on our list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.