June 11, 2022 – Let us “delight” over Ukraine!
Our focus for the month of June is…
🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦!
How do we dare to delight in the midst of war? Because we have a Righteous Judge who judges the nations in justice and righteousness. Selah!
Ukraine’s multi-ethnic population is estimated to be around 41.5 million. The predominant religion, at 87.3%, is Christianity, of which the majority are Orthodox. It is estimated that 0.2% of the population are Jews, which is around 83,000 people. Jerusalem Post published in May, that there were “over 20k immigrants to Israel since Ukraine war began”. Ukrainian Jews making Aliyah to Israel are numbered to be over 10,000!
- For an end to the Russian aggression and for an end to war.
- For families who have lost loved ones in the war and for others displaced to be reunited.
- For wisdom for the Ukrainian leadership; for divine strategies and for the nations’ to respond.
- For the soldiers who are trapped in imminent danger.
- For greater Aliyah of the Ukrainian Jews (according to Jeremiah 16:16).
- For the Church to be bold as lions in sharing and spreading the Gospel.
As most of us are not that familiar with Ukrainian cuisine, please bring any dish you like to share.
However, if you are feeling adventurous, below are a few links for fews from Ukraine. We would love it if some of you could bring some to share!
- How To Make Plov (With an Easy Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Halushki Recipe (Traditional Ukrainian Dumplings)
- Golubtsi Recipe; A classic Ukrainian food – Голубцы
- Green Borscht (Ukrainian Spinach Soup)
- Ukrainian Stewed Beef & Potatoes Recipe (video)
Please indicate what you plan to bring on the sign-up sheet after Shabbat Service on June 4th.